Subject: Re(2): PAR-titions
From: [email-masked] (Dave Barnard)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 95 17:55 GMT

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

> [email-masked] (DOUG RICHARDSON) said:

> 3) Adpro 2.5 has a built-in loader module. But any other program can
>   load frames with a button called translate.

Has anyone using an NTSC PAR found any problems with this ADPro loader?

Using PAL PAR files, only the NTSC screen area is loaded, but also the 
colours are incorrect, and generally darker.

A friend of mine (Hi Steve!) has managed to hack the loader to load the 
full PAL frame, but the colours are still wrong. I was wondering if this 
was because of differences between NTSC and PAL encoding.

DPS do not seem at all interested in fixing this, which is a real pain as
the loader is very useful for clients to load in digised video sequences
frame-by-frame without having to have a PAR board in their machine.
Those who have tried have *not* been happy...

(Emulate mode works perfectly BTW, as does the ImageFX2.0 loader, but most
people use ADPro and wouldn't buy ImageFX just for this feature)

Any chance of this being fixed, Scott?

>---- Dave ----<